Jan 2, 2014

My Most Anticipated Horror Movies of January 2014

Happy New Year Everyone!

Ahh it's a brand new year which means we have a brand new batch of movies to look forward to! Usually in the beginning of the year brings a good amount of scary movies as well as the DVD releases of the ones we enjoyed from the previous fall. I decided to make a separate list of the movies I am most looking forward to this upcoming year by month. So at the end of each month I will make a list accordingly for the following month. I am not listing these in order from most to least anticipated I am just listing them as they come to mind. I realize that I most likely will not be anticipating the same movies as others but, that's what makes entertainment so amazing it's subjective and always seems to cause good debate and conversation. Without further adieu, here are my picks for the films I can't wait to watch in January!

 


 

 
 
1. Devil's Due


 


Call me a sucker but, I enjoy myself some found footage movies and demonic possession please count me in. This movie looks like it could have it's cheesy moments [look to the CGI belly kicking scene] however, it looks like it will have some good tense moments and decent jump scares. I hope I am not let down by this movie but, I guess I will find out soon enough now won't I? Devil's Due hits theaters on January 17 expect my review to follow.

Devil's Due on IMDB

Devil's Due Official Website








                                        Aww I bet their baby is going to just be the sweetest!
                                     Still of Allison Miller and Zach Gilford from Devil's Due


                                                    Boy I hate when that happens!
                                            Still of Sam Anderson from Devil's Due


                                                                 Rough pregnancy eh?
                                                Still of Allison Miller from Devil's Due


                                          Is she really about to give herself a C-section??
                                                  Still of Allison Miller from Devil's Due




2. Antisocial


 
This movie looks crazy! I can't figure out if it's zombies or just some form cabin fever whatever the cause may be this trailer looks like shit is going to hit the proverbial fan. That alone got me on board and theeen I did my research & found out this is a satire which excited me even further! Check out Antisocial when it comes out on DVD January 28.

Antisocial on IMDB

Antisocial on Facebook







                                                 Still of Ana Alic from Antisocial



                                              Still of Adam Christie from Antisocial



                                             This movie looks like a bloody good time                                        
                                              Still of from Michelle Mylett Antisocial




3. Raze



This can probably be considered an action-drama but, after watching the trailer I can tell it's going to be violent. The story tells me that these women have to fight to the death in order to get their freedom back. That sounds like such a bad time. You can watch Raze in theaters January 10.

Raze on IMDB

Raze Official Website









                                                                 Sorority hazing?
                                                                  Still from Raze


                                                This is no, hair pulling girl fight
                                                   Still of Zoe Bell from Raze



                                                      Still of Zoe Bell from Raze


                                               Still of Rachel Nichols from Raze





4. Paranormal Activity : The Marked Ones




I know these movies get a lot of flack for rehashing the same story over & over but, they're fun for me to watch in the theaters. I enjoy feeling the whole theater getting tense all at once as we slouch in our seats and prepare for the next moment and the random girls screaming in the theater just adds to the experience. I have read and spoken to people who don't like seeing movies with rowdy crowds but, there's something about the PA movies that make it acceptable to me. The marked ones is in theaters tomorrow January 3.

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones on IMDB

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones official website






                                                   That's one gnarly eye boogie!
                         Still of Andrew Jacobs from Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones




                                          If these tapes end up in the wrong hands...
                                 Still from Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones



                                                                   Is that Martine?
                                     Still from Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones



                                                         Creepy ghost Katie ahh!
                     Still of Chloe Csergeny from Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones







Thank you for reading my list of anticipated horror movies of January. Check back soon for my reviews on these films and come back in a few weeks for my anticipated movies for February.






I do not own this content. Photo credits and a special thanks to Twentieth Century Fox, Davis Entertainment, Black Fawn Films, Breakthrough Entertainment, IFC Films, Paramount Pictures, Blumhouse Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment